Prep time: 45 minutes
- 2kg white fish fillet, cut into cubes
- 1,5kg cooked cassava, cut into cubes
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 peeled and crushed garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 tin of tomato sauce
- ½ bottle of coconut milk
- 1 cup cutted parsley, cilantro and chives
1.In a bowl, season the fish with garlic, salt and lemon.
2. Set aside the fish.
3. In a saucepan, heat the oil and the garlic until it browns.
4. Add the onions, the bell peppers and the tomato sauce to the saucepan.
5. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the cooked cassava with water in the saucepan and boil it.
7. Add the fish and cook for a few minutes.
8. Season with salt to taste and add parsley, cilantro, chives and coconut milk.
9. Serve with white rice, pirão (a typical Brazilian food with manioc flour into a fish- or meat-based broth) and green salad.