Prep time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 300g carne-de-sol (jabá), charque or other Brazilian-style salt-cured beef, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 chopped large onion
- 2 peeled and seeded tomatoes
- 1 chopped pimenta-dedo-de-moça (red pepper)
- 1 ½ cup grated cassava
- 2 liters water
- 1 cup cutted chives
1. In a pot, heat the oil and sauté the meat until it dries.
2. Add onion, tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add the cassava and the water to the pot.
4. Cook for 30 minutes or until the cassava and the meat softened.
5. Remove the blend from the oven, cool it down, mix everything in a blender.
6. Sift the mixture.
7. Heat the mixture in a pot again until simmering.
8. Season with salt and serve in little bowls with sprinkling of parsley or chives on top of each portion.